New Year’s Resolutions AND How to Keep Them
A few days separate us from 2022 and many of us haven’t yet set our resolutions in stone. So, we thought we could help you prepare yourself for an awesome year! Let’s dive in right away.
There are the usual and common resolutions of getting fit, starting to save money, or reading more than the previous year. These are all fine resolutions, but let’s be honest, how many times did you make them, then lost track and/or motivation and ended the year without actually achieving them? This year should be different; after all, it is 2022 and that only can make it unique and memorable.
We have a plan for you to stay on track 😉
Step One: create a list of all the things you wish to do this year.
Step two: prioritize them.
Step Three: divide each one into smaller goals or tasks, so that they become more achievable.
Step Four: set a time frame for each of the smaller goals.
Step Five (and our favorite): be kind to yourself about the plan and as flexible as you can. This does not mean that you get to slack or that you stop being critical of yourself. On the contrary, it means that while criticizing yourself; you shouldn’t be too aggressive, you should take into account the circumstances you passed through, and you should allow space for your mental health. Also, it is good to keep in mind that perfection is an illusion and that even if you fall off track, you can always jump right back up.
Step Six: document your progress and every little achievement. This helps your motivation more than you could imagine.
Step Seven: reap the fruits of all your hard work.
Now that you know all the steps to keep your resolutions intact, we thought we could offer some suggestions as well.
- Fitness Goals: whether you need to lose weight, get into shape, build muscles, or eat healthier; don’t forget to check The Discounter app for all the offers you might need.
- Gratitude or Memory Journal/Jar: This is also a favorite because it is easy to achieve and its effects are long-lasting. Keep a notebook, journal, or even jar where you write at the end of every day or the important, memorable days. Jot down any important events that happened during the day, your feelings, things you are grateful for, etc., and watch how this betters your overall appreciation of life. At the end of the year, open up the jar or the notebook and look back at how much stuff you managed to survive and accomplish this year. Thank us later 😊
- Mental Health and Self-Care: Remember that taking care of yourself is not selfish.
- Wardrobe Change: We can’t say no to a resolution that involves shopping 😊
- Keep Track of Your Health: The coronavirus is sadly still around, which makes this resolution more vital than ever. Go to your regular checkups, eat healthy foods (especially immune-boosting foods), take your vitamins, and don’t forget to check The Discounter for offers related to all of these.
- Make More Memories, Visit More Places, and Take More Photos: you don’t even have to travel to do this, so it shouldn’t be too hard to accomplish. The Discounter also boasts a large portfolio of offers on all types of activities.
- Start Budgeting & Saving: Important tip: always check The Discounter before going out. Our deals are all year-long and unbelievable helpful to stay on budget.
- Declutter: your home, your wardrobe, your office. Whatever you don’t need could be given to charity; which helps you with the next couple of goals.
- Give More to Charity and/or Support a Good Cause: a little goes a long way when it comes to charity.
- Be Less Wasteful and More Sustainable: help yourself, your community, your country, and our planet.
- Read More and Listen to More Music: don’t forget to feed your soul while hustling around during the year. Also, try what works best for you, there are no rules: read hardcovers, PDFs, online blogs (like this one 😉), or even listen to audiobooks… just don’t slack on this
- Learn a New Skill: it could be anything: cooking, playing music, a new language, sewing, decorating, etc.
The Final Step (Step Eight): don’t forget to have fun and enjoy yourself. What good is all this if it only makes you miserable? 😊